From the top two startups selected from countries for soft landing by Berytech
Selected to be among the companies winning the incubation by AlBorg MedTech accelerator in Saudi Arabia.
Selected among first two startups in Egypt to be incubated in the Regional Innovation Factory program
Fund awarded from ISESCO research grant program (UNESCO) for the project ” Development of A 3D Multifunctional Nanofibrous Wound Dressing For Diabetic Wound Healing”
Fund Awarded from the MIT Enterprise Forum Arab Startup Competition for winning the idea track as the first pillar to develop the idea of antimicrobial fabrics into an actual product.
Sign option Agreement with AUC TTO for honey chitosan patent
Collaboration with AUC Professor, Pressure ulcer & diabetic animal models
Nano Ebers chosen among the MIT EF Arab startup competition Alumni to take part in the MENA Angel Investors Summit organized by Tenmous, the Kingdom of Bahrain
Invitation to join AUC Venture Lab
July – Nov 2016
Building a low cost two-head electrospinner
Selection by National Academy of Sciences & Technology as one of 10 startups for incubation in Bedaya, Investment Authority
Incorporation of NanoEbers, LLC in Egypt
Nano Ebers won Third Place, Startup Track, Arab MIT Competition, Kuwait
MIT Technology Review article “A Wound Dressing with Healing Abilities
- Sarhan WA &Azazzy. 2013. Bio-Compatible ApitherapeuticNanofiber. EP Patent EP 3016613B. Granted October, 2018.
- Sarhan, W.A., El-Sherbiny I.M., Azzazy H.M.E., (2016). Newly Developed Honey/Chitosan-Based Nanofibrous Wound Dressing Enriched with Allium sativum and Cleome droserifolia for Enhanced Antimicrobial and Wound Healing Activity. ACS, Applied Materials and Interfaces, 8, 6379–6390.
- Sarhan, W. A., El-Sherbiny I.M., Azzazy H.M.E (2016). The Effect of Increasing Honey Concentration on the Properties of the Honey/ Polyvinyl Alcohol/ Chitosan Nanofibers.Materials Science & Engineering C, 67, 276-284.
- Sarhan WA &Azazzy HME., (2015). High Concentration Honey Chitosan ElectrospunNanofibers:Biocompatibility and Antibacterial Effects. Carbohydrate polymer, 122, 135-143
- Sarhan WA &Azazzy HME., (2017).Apitherapeutics and Phage Loaded Nanofibers as Wound Dressings with Enhanced Wound Healing and Antibacterial Activity. Nanomedecine 12(17), 2055-2067.